PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER & MUM
We are delighted to have Sarah Wiltshire as Ambassador to Footballers Global”
Sarah Wiltshire is a Welsh professional footballer who came through the youth system and academy at Arsenal. She made her first-team debut for Arsenal at the age of 15 in April 2007. After her time at Arsenal, she joined Watford Ladies in 2008 and spent six years there as the club moved from the National Premier League to WSL2.
In 2014, Wiltshire signed for Yeovil Town in the FA WSL 2 from Watford Ladies. However, her impressive performances caught the attention of FA WSL 1 side Manchester City, and she signed a professional contract with them in January 2015. Despite only making one appearance for Manchester City, she returned to Yeovil in June 2015.
In 2016, Wiltshire took a temporary break from football due to pregnancy but returned to Yeovil in April 2017 for the FA WSL Spring Series. She left Yeovil again in July 2017, citing her inability to commit to traveling for training, and subsequently signed for newly promoted WSL 2 side Tottenham Hotspur. During her time with Tottenham, the team secured a second-place finish in the 2018-19 FA Women’s Championship, leading to promotion to the WSL.
In July 2019, she was released by Tottenham Hotspur along with 10 other players ahead of the club’s debut season as a professional team in the top-flight league. Following her release, Wiltshire returned for a third spell at Yeovil Town, this time playing in the FA Women’s National League South. Later, in August 2022, she signed for Cambridge United.
Throughout her career, Sarah Wiltshire has also represented the Wales women’s national team, earning 31 caps and scoring 8 goals.
The Football Mum
After falling pregnant in 2016 I continued to train and play with Yeovil until 12 weeks.
Then after that I would train non contact for as long as I could as well as keeping active all the way through pregnancy by walking and working on technique.
This all enabled me to be able to be back on the pitch six weeks after giving birth.
Though falling pregnant was a surprise at the time I did always want a family but didn’t want to give up playing or retire early, so I feel I’m very lucky to be able to have both in my life and have seen from others and myself that it’s possible to do.
What does Footballers Global offer Women and Girls’?
- Footballers Global aim to create a huge community of players to promote every level of the women and girls’ game.
- Every member will be able to create a detailed digital CV and use the platform as a football diary in order to showcase themselves.
- We are offering free mentoring sessions and will work to empower women and girls’ using role models and ambassadors.
- We are also aiming to provide an aftercare support network to ex professional players. We want to create and advertise as many opportunities within the women’s game as possible.
- We would like to partner with clubs and academies, in order to help connect them with players and advertise trials and events.
- Every team can register to promote themselves. Footballers Global will assist as much as possible to help find funding, sponsorship and support.